Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 1

Welcome to my blogspot. This is Not Bob Loblaw's Law Blog. This IS LinkYarmer's blog...spot. Seeing as this is my first day, it may also be my last as with any new venture, it may not flourish so much as it will wither and die away. I intend to give it the college try despite the fact I NEVER actually went and gave college the "college try." I felt I was too smart for college. College is for people who can't exude natural intellect, ability or aptitude, or for people who want a piece of paper as proof that they can do any of those things. I feel that I exude it to an extent as, not to hoot my own torn, many people I've worked with over my 10 years of working have asked why I'm not working in a better position as I'm so smart. Their words, not mine. I told them because people are too afraid to give a legitimately apt person such an opportunity when they can do the same for someone with a college background. Obviously I find this to be a big flaw. Another flaw I have myself experienced was being "too young" for a position. I once worked at a Christian retail company and at one point the store manager was seriously considering making me his Assistant Manager (aka Ass Man), until he asked my age and didn't like my response (18). I know he was just nervous making an 18 year old an assistant manager of a chained retail store. Nonetheless I'm quite certain I could have managed the job to it's full capacity. Age shouldn't enter into it, as if I'm am so evidently able to perform the duties, why should my young age be a deciding factor in such an instance? It shouldn't. Just think if the music industry frowned on kids that were under 18. How many successful artists would we have never heard for 5+ years until they reached 18? Granted many of the successful underage kids at the moment aren't anything I'd be excited of, but there are some that truly have talent.

So I didn't intend to make this blog so damn random, but I can't say that I'm surprised as I am quite the random man. A random ramblin' man. So...how did I do my first outing? Blog-worthy? Nonsensical? Boring? Comical? All of the above?

Who knows what I'll actually use this spot for...maybe I'll post excerpts from my writings for you to all get a peek...maybe not...Well for any of those that read this, friends whom I directed to it or just strangers that stumbled upon it. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Come again when you can't stay so long.

I wrote this entire blog while listening to Anberlin. Let's see what kind of things I write when listening to certain styles of music or certain bands.

Until next time. Take Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment